Call for Applications: Mawazo Learning Exchange (MLEx) Fellowship
Mawazo (“Ideas”) Institute is a non-profit research institute based in Nairobi. Our mission is to support the next generation of female scholars and thought leaders in East Africa, and to get policymakers and the general public engaged with their work. We envision a world in which the ideas and voices of African women are amplified to shape the future of the continent. Our programmes equip female scientists to conduct high quality research on issues affecting the continent’s development, prepare them to launch successful careers in their field, and position them to be thought leaders with influence both within and outside academia. We also provide training and platforms for our programme beneficiaries and other local experts to spark important conversations that can influence decision making in the public sphere.
The call for applications for MLEX Fellows opens from November 6th 2020 to November 27th 2020. Eligible applicants are invited to apply following the instructions below.
In order to be eligible for the MLEx Programme, applicants must:
1. be women below the age of 40 as at 1st January 2021
2. be citizens of an African country
3. be enrolled for their PhD at an accredited university in Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania or Uganda
4. be available to fully participate in the programme in 2021-2022
MLEx Programme beneficiaries will receive the following benefits:
1. A stipend worth $500 for discretionary use
2. Participation in Mawazo’s in-house virtual professional development and leadership training programme, MLEx
3. Data bundles for supplementary internet connectivity to access and use MLEx
4. Research and editorial support from the Mawazo staff and our partners
5. Connections to mentors, as well as exposure to leaders from academia, industry, government and other sectors
6. Visibility via Mawazo digital platforms and events
Interested candidates are invited to apply by completing and submitting this application form  by FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 27TH 2020 and providing the supporting documents below:
* A current 2-page CV
* A letter confirming current enrollment in an accredited PhD programme
Please share this opportunity with women who fit the criteria we’re looking for and who would be interested in being part of our programme.
Attached you will find the call for applications document and a pdf version of the application form.
The due date for the application is 11.59 pm EAT on 27 November 2020. For any questions pertaining to the programme or application, please contact our programme staff on firstname.lastname@example.org